In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Karith believes that the Diversity movement has been hijacked — and why it’s more than a hashtag or a protest — and how she is changing the conversation around diversity.
- The 3 major reasons why we stereotype others.
- Why Karith believes that we need to think critically about what the news, TV shows and social media tell us — and be aware of what we’re learning.
- How to open others’ eyes to a new way to look at something, without insulting them or shaming them.
- The 7 C’s – why people say the things they do and how to have responsible conversations — being sure what the other person meant and avoiding misunderstandings and broken relationships.
Full Transcript, Click Anywhere to Play:
About Karith Foster
A speaker, humorist, TV & radio personality, author, entrepreneur, wife, and mother, Karith is a positive force of change. She is a Diversity Engagement Specialist whose signature programs are impacting lives at academic institutions, organizations and corporations across America in a time when humor, understanding, acceptance and respect are so desperately needed.
If you’re inspired by this episode, I’d love to hear your biggest Aha! moments. Take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your social media and tag me, @christieturley!
Karith’s new book, You Can Be Perfect or You Can Be Happy
Business Mentor Christie Turley sparks reinvention in authors, speakers and coaches, so they can align their businesses to their future selves, breakthrough their money ceilings and manifest abundance in all eight areas of life. Her superpower is uncovering hidden leverage points that lead to exponential profits and impact— like one client who grew from zero to $15 million in under a year.
She launched her career in marketing and communication while juggling college classes. By age 24, she had grown two businesses by more than $30 Million total, worked with many Fortune 500 brands, and started her own branding & marketing agency. Since then, she’s started nine businesses and has loved working with transformational authors, speakers and coaches during the past 20 years.
To help entrepreneurs awaken their prosperity, she mentors business owners and shares her Intuitive Gifts and her knowledge as a Money Strategist, Certified Hypnotherapist, NLP Master Practitioner and Certified Strategic Life Coach. She is author of the book, The Intuition-Led Business, a podcast host, and has shared the stage with many New York Times bestselling authors. She lives in the USA with her husband and their two beautiful children.