There I was… A business consultant of 17 years, working with leaders and executives of businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
I had it all— the family, the house, the cars, the businesses, the cool friends…
And yet, some discontent was creeping in. Even though I had all the things, I wasn’t truly happy or fulfilled.
I started to feel the stirrings of my soul. I asked the questions:
- “Who am I really?”
- “What is my purpose?”
- “What is my next level?”
- “How can I feel fulfilled in my work?”
At first, I ignored those questions. That didn’t go well.
- Opportunities started to dry up.
- Marketing techniques I employed flawlessly stopped working.
- I felt stuck in the mud, spinning my wheels.
I tried hard to fix things by investing money & energy into finding solutions. That didn’t work.
What I needed was a change. But how? I had this huge resume of achievements — I definitely did not need to achieve more or do more.
I was constantly in fight-or-flight mode. I felt pulled in multiple directions. My nervous system took a beating. Hyper-vigilant thoughts kept me up at night. I felt chained to my business. I felt burdened by others’ expectations and projections. And I was attracting clients who were just as stressed and unhappy as I was. Not good.
I just wanted to take a vacation totally unplugged for once!
I hired so many coaches to help me discover “what’s next?” and focus on my internal world: my subconscious beliefs, patterns and conditioning. Thankfully, this helped!
Then I started to tap into my intuition because clearly the external advice and techniques weren’t working anymore. Maybe if I were more “psychic,” I’d have better ideas and inspiration to get me back on track…And I was right.
I started to listen to the nudges from the Universe to integrate my feminine side into my business consulting.
At first, I did it in “acceptable” ways by helping clients develop authentic, heart-felt marketing. But the Universe let me know I hadn’t gone far enough… Eventually, I could no longer return to the warmth and security of the business I had known: the marketing agency of 17 years.
I found myself in a “dark night of the soul,” experiencing little deaths of my beliefs, values and identity.
I took a look at my identity:
- The person others perceived me to be, and who I (actually) am.
- The person I was conditioned to be in my childhood, and who I (actually) am.
- The person I was at business meetings, and who I (actually) am.
I took a look at my beliefs & values:
- The ones I learned from my parents and grandparents.
- The ones I learned from the high demand religion I was raised in.
- The ones I had about myself, which were projected upon me by others.
I took a look at how I had given my power away:
- To business experts and clients.
- To masterminds, organized religion and spiritual teachers.
- To the façade I maintained to the outside world.
I called my power back.
I recalibrated who I am, what I value, and what I believe.
I was tired of living a lie!
This is what Debbie Ford referred to as “Shadow Work.” Most people think that this is just looking at the parts of ourselves that are uncomfortable or ugly… But Shadow Work is actually uncovering the BRIGHT parts of ourselves that have been rejected by others and ourselves. It’s about uncovering the buried gold treasure within!
In the process:
- I UN-learned who I wasn’t.
- I discovered my Genius + Purpose.
- I expanded my capacity for a larger business (and life).
Then came the next test, would I actually make the changes to align to them, so I could feel more fulfilled?
Well, of course I did.
It took some bold action and courage to leave my previous career and identity and realize that I’m more than a label or a job title.
I wrote a book called The Intuition-Led Business on how to develop one’s spiritual senses (aka Clairs) and psychic abilities, and how to use them to grow a business.
I became certified and/or “fluent” in 20+ science-based and alternative healing modalities (okay, maybe it’s a lot more than 20):
- Certified in Mindful Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT), Hypnotherapy (CH), Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP), and EMDR Therapy.
- Certified Strategic Life Coach Practitioner.
- Fluent practitioner in alternative healing and intuitive modalities including: Spiritual Response Therapy (SRT), Applied Kinesiology (Intuitive Muscle Testing), Dowsing, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Tapping), Emotion Code, Akashic Records Readings, Remote Viewing, Channeling and Mediumship.
- Other modalities practiced are: Human Design (HD), Gene Keys, Astrology, Reiki Master, Sound Healing, Chakra Healing, Heart Opening, Inner Child Healing, Core False Belief Reprogramming, Shadow Work, Brain Wave Meditation, Mindfulness Meditation, Self-Inquiry Meditation, Past Life Readings & Clearings, Generational Healing, Universal Laws Alignment, Masculine/Feminine Wound Healing, Soul Facet Retrieval, Ancestral Vows, Past Life Contracts, Energetic and Entity Clearings and more.
I started to transition my business from an agency offering marketing services— to a consultancy offering coaching, e-learning and keynote speaking on developing intuition, reprogramming the subconscious mind and upleveling a business (and basically all of the tools that helped me navigate my reinvention).
And in this whole process of reinventing myself, I developed “The 4 Stages of a Business Uplevel“ to help others navigate through their own Reinvention story.
If you’re an entrepreneur and you relate to this post, please reach out to me by requesting a Clarity Call. I’m looking for guests to interview on my podcast, collaborators, communities and of course, new clients who want to get unstuck and uplevel their business.
Watch on YouTube
I Help You To Speed Up Success
Hi! I'm Christie Turley. I help leaders amplify magnetism and speed up success through intuition development, subconscious work + authentic self-discovery.