"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
I started my psychic intuition development from the beginning.
And I totally disproved this myth:
Myth: Some think that you’re either born psychic, or you’re not.
Truth: We’re ALL born with a sixth sense ability and you CAN learn and master it.
Many intuitives, mediums and psychics perpetuate this myth that “you can’t learn to be psychic” because they’ve never known it to be otherwise—they always remember using their abilities since they were babies. They didn’t learn to shut down their intuitive abilities as children, like many of us did.
The Government Taught ESP to Ordinary People
If psychic intuitive abilities like Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) and Remote Viewing aren’t real, why did the CIA study it for years? In 2017, recently release 13 million pages of declassified documents of its research. According to many former employees, these techniques are still used today by both the CIA and DIA. The entire declassified CREST archive is now available on the CIA Library website (if you’re interested).
In other words, the US Government set out to prove that an average person off the street can be trained to develop and harness their latent ESP psychic abilities.
J.K. Rowling once said that she received the entire saga of Harry Potter in an instant “Download.” Imagine— her entire Billion-dollar fortune and the entire landscape of Harry’s world— came from tapping into this field of inspiration that’s all around us.
On the other hand, society values physical evidence, facts and logic, as Einstein points out:
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
Through my experience with developing my own psychic abilities and through helping my clients, I developed these 10 Stages of Psychic Intuition Development. See where you are on this list!
- Potentiality – the person is unaware of any sixth sense ability and relies on logic and reason.
- Feeling – the person has hunches and goes with their gut. Answers are haphazard. They can confuse their own desires with what is actually their highest good.
- Inspired – the person believes that any positive idea or solution is from their intuition. They are busy “doing good,” but not their highest good.
- Initiated – the person starts to take an interest in esoteric subjects, such as life after death and/or psychic phenomena, even if it’s just watching a TV show.
- Awakened – the person wakes up to their own inner knowing and has an average ability to call upon and use their intuition. They begin to actively develop their Spiritual Senses.*
- Strengthening – the person begins to exercise their intuition like a muscle. They get to know their favorite ways of receiving intuitive information through their Spiritual Senses.*
- Empowered – the person can tap into their intuition to bring forth aligned ideas and solutions to everyday problems, but they may lack the order and timing to the flow of information in order to properly implement. They start to fully use their Psychic Abilities.**
- Discerning – the person can sort through many “good” choices and discern their highest good. They no longer seek for outside answers from others. They fully trust their intuition and have a reliable inner method to confirm it.
- Enthusiastic – the person is often pleasantly surprised about how their highly developed Spiritual Senses* manifest. Others start to take notice of the person’s intuitive abilities and how “tuned in” and “spot on” they are.
- Confident – the person is extremely confident in their highly developed Spiritual Senses.* They rarely question themselves and operate with low ego to maintain neutrality in accurately reading any situation.
*Spiritual Senses: Just like physical senses, we all have Spiritual Senses (also known as “Clairs”). We are born with these and we can develop them to make them stronger. There are 12 Clairs in total and the most well-known are: Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Claircognizance and Clairsentience.
**Psychic Abilities: Precognition, psychokinesis, telepathy, channeling, prophecy, mediumship (communicating with the dead) and more are Psychic Abilities that you can learn and develop. They build upon your Spiritual Senses.
No matter where you are on the 10 Stages of Psychic Intuition Development, you CAN strengthen your intuitive abilities.
Remember when I said that the US Government set out to prove that an average person off the street can be trained to develop and use psychic abilities?
So, YES, anyone (with the proper training) can strengthen their psychic abilities to Stage 10.
The government proved it with their research!
And despite what anyone may say, NO ONE is “born” at Stage 10.
Other psychics, mediums and other intuitive practitioners may not know what it’s like to be a beginner, but I do. I also know what it takes to become highly advanced and “Confident.”
We’re ALL born with intuition and Spiritual Senses. It’s only a matter of how much we’ve strengthened those intuitive muscles. I fundamentally believe that anyone can learn these skills if they have a true desire and are willing to put in the effort.
Going from Intuitive to Psychic
When I was young, I saw a dark spirit and it disturbed me so much that I learned to shut off my sixth sense.
I also grew up in a strict high-demand religion, where it is taught that only top male authorities can have powerful spiritual gifts (despite that the Bible says that Spiritual Gifts ARE available to anyone).
That belief further blocked my intuition from unlocking!
Finally, I had a solid reputation as a business consultant and feared criticism— being perceived as “unprofessional” if I openly talked about using my intuition or using the word “psychic.”
Up until my mid 30’s, I’d say I was dancing around Stages 4 or 5.
As I became more open to receive and accept my inner knowing— and I cleared the false beliefs and fears— I was divinely guided on how to strengthen them. I KNEW deep down that the people from my past profession could actually use this knowledge to grow their lives, relationships, finances and careers.
Then Voila! My intuition started to come online as I released blocks and fully received my abilities. As I entered Stage 7, I began to write my book on intuition and explore my divine purpose and what a spiritual business looked like for me.
Even though I’m at Stage 10 now, I feel that there’s still room to grow! (It’s NOT a final destination). My intuition is constantly expanding. And as I serve my clients to align to their genius and purpose, I gain additional capacity for psychic abilities to manifest in new ways. It’s so fun to experience!
What Turns Off Intuition?
One of the first steps in strengthening your intuition (from where it is now) is to become aware of what can “turn off” our intuition, which includes:
- Being polite and following social norms, without questioning them.
- Feeling you have no right to feel the way you do.
- Listening to social conditioning to use your head and logic.
- Needing approval or acceptance from others.
- Feeling uncomfortable with the unknown.
- Believing that “I am right” and closing off to other possibilities.
- Believing that “others are right” and deferring to their expertise.
- Taking the evidence, data, facts, science or the real world as the ultimate truth.
- Believing that something is “supposed to be that way” because you learned it, heard it or read it somewhere.
- Relying on your emotions to tell the truth.
- Believing that truth is binary (yes/no or right/wrong or good/bad).
- Doubting yourself.
- And of course, believing that intuition cannot be learned, developed or strengthened.
Strengthening your intuition is just like going to the gym. If you don’t work your muscles, they’ll atrophy and shrink. If you train your muscles, they’ll grow. Strengthening intuition and discovering your true soul identity is the same way! It takes a big effort to get in shape and then regular workouts to maintain.
Also, mediation will help you unlock your ESP abilities. Did you know that 44% of Fortune 100 companies offer meditation training to their employees?! (Source: Altered Traits).
How Do You Get to The Next Level?
If you’re interested in learning more about developing your intuition and your Spiritual Senses, I have a couple of ways I can support you:
- The Intuition-Led Business (Paperback or Kindle) – I wrote this book to create an easy-to-understand process for opening up one’s intuition in the shortest amount of time possible, so that entrepreneurs who want to make a bold impact in the world can do that— and fast.
- Workshops & Training – I offer meditation training and intuition workshops to help organizations grow their people and their impact. Request a Clarity Call to learn more.
I hope this information has been empowering and helpful to you on life’s journeys.
P.S. Enjoy this YouTube Playlist on 8 of the 12 Clairs!
Christie Turley guides visionary leaders to reconnect with their higher genius, so they can improve decision-making and deliver greater profits, influence and impact. She is the author of the book, The Intuition-Led Business, which offers a framework on unlocking the intuitive and subconscious minds, and she is founder of Conscious State University, an online learning platform that teaches leaders and their teams how to make better decisions using science-backed methods. A dynamic speaker, she has shared the stage with many New York Times bestselling authors and is the host of The Higher Genius Podcast. She lives in the southwestern United States with her husband and their two daughters.